IELTS Examiner Recruitment
UPDATED December 2013
The Macquarie University IELTS Test Centre will be running its next two-day IELTS Speaking Examiner training course on Fri 21 and Sat 22 February 2014. The course that we had planned for October has now been postponed. Course hours are 9 am to 5:30 pm both days, as the course is quite intensive. Applications will be invited for Examiner training, from suitably qualified and experienced applicants. MU IELTS Test Centre delivers tests in three locations, MU North Ryde Campus (main site) and Sydney University Darlington and Lidcombe Campuses (secondary sites). To be eligible for training, you will need to commit to examining exclusively at one or both of these sites for at least two years after Certification. Tests are conducted on Saturdays roughly every two weeks. Therefore you should live within easy travelling distance of either site.
The deadline for submission of applications will be announced in July or August 2013. Please note that rather than sending in your application by post, complete applications and all supporting documents (resumes, testimonials/statements of service, AND all qualification certificates/transcripts) must be scanned to .PDF in one document, which is to be emailed to us for consideration. Please do not send multiple separate documents and jpegs. If you are selected for interview, all originals will be sighted at the interview stage, along with 100 points of ID.
You are also required to download from this page, and send by email, to your chosen professional referees, the two IELTS Confidential Reference Requests (see below). They should complete, sign, scan and email to us by at least two weeks before the course date. References must come from the referees' email addresses rather than your own.
Please forward any enquiries, or completed applications to:
Ph: (02) 9850 7675
Mr. David Harris
Ph: (02) 9850 6101
Jessica McCarthy (Test Centre Administrator)
David Harris (Test Centre Manager)
Macquarie University IELTS Test Centre
Campus Hub (Building C10A), Level 2, Room 228
Macquarie University, Sydney NSW 2109
The complete application .PDF must contain the following:
- the application form, signed in handwriting in five places
- the Attachments A and B (part of the application form)
- a resume with all relevant adult TESOL employment periods noted by month and year from/to. Complete the TESOL Employment Record (see below) if there is any doubt about the length of your relevant experience
- scans of your Bachelor level and any teaching and TESOL-related qualification certificates (academic transcripts of TESOL quals may be needed).
We will need to sight originals of all these documents if you are invited to an interview. Please sign the application form in all five places where signatures are required. Scan and email all pages of your application including certificates. We will require scanned copies of them even if they are framed and hard to access.
Please download and read carefully the documents below before completing and sending the application:
- IELTS Examiner Application form,
- IELTS Confidential Reference Request form 1 (forward to your first referee),
- IELTS Confidential Reference Request form 2 (forward to your second referee),
- IELTS Speaking Examiner Training at Macquarie University: General Information,
- IELTS Official Guideline for examiner recruitment,
- IELTS Official Minimum professional requirements,
- TESOL Employment Record (if required by MQ),
For further enquiries please call:
02 9850 6101
M: 0415336356 (Mr. David Harris)